Coda File System

Re: problems with compile of coda-5.3.9

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 11:02:08 -0400
On Mon, May 21, 2001 at 10:55:47AM -0400, GiantWEB wrote:
> that explains.. docs are not complete..
>
> Ok, I did what U said, now it went further but Bailed at:
>
> checking for dbopen in -ldb... no
> checking for dbopen in -lc... no
> checking for dbm_open in -lc... no
> configure: error: failed to find libdb

Coda uses libdb 1.85 for some of the databases that are shared between
servers. Your machine is possibly missing the libdb1-dev rpm's, db1.85
is included in glibc, but the development headers are typically not
there because 1.85 is considered 'deprecated'. To really let people know
the old libdb is deprecated they also keep moving the headers and
changing the library name on each glibc release.

So even if you have libdb1-dev rpms installed, you might still need to
grab the more recent Coda-5.3.14 sources from ftp.coda.cs.cmu.edu, which
is looking in all places that I currently know of.