Coda File System

ok lets see now...

From: Steve Wray <steve.wray_at_the.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 00:38:41 +1200
I just got into coda and now that I'm using LVM
its going to make such experiments a lot eaiser.

(this is redhat 7.1, LVM (except root and swap)
XFS root et al).

I'm using XFS as the base filesystem on /vicepa
Is that ok?

Also, I'm noticing that when I try to populate the
/coda filesystem it seems really slow; even on the
machine thats actually hosting that volume.

Deleting recursively is even worse. I had about 25M
of files in /coda and ran rm -rf to get rid of them
(on the machine that is the coda server) and it threw
up a few errors about permissions... and I left it for
a while... thought it had crashed.
Killed it and checked... nope it had gotten about
half way through.

Its like network filesystem performance, only on
the server.

What might be wrong?