Coda File System

Re: mount system call failing

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 08:01:33 -0400
On Fri, May 11, 2001 at 12:16:22AM -0500, Ryan M. Lefever wrote:
> Thanks for your help.  I finally figured out what the problem
> was.  Apparently, I needed a /coda directory and this is why the mount
> failed.  I had not found that in any of the documentation.  My server
> still dies when I try to change the debug level with "volutil
> setdebug", as seen below.  This seems weird.  Have you ever used volutil
> to change the debugging level, or do you usually set it when you start the
> server?
>
> Thanks,
> Ryan

Ok, the postinstall scripts in the RPM/debian packages create it, and
venus-setup should normally create this directory as well.

I typically use volutil setdebug when something seems to be wrong with
the servers and try to repeat the wrong behaviour. There is too much
debugging info by the time the server is up and running when it is
enabled on startup.