Coda File System

Re: Files are expiring out of my cache...

From: Greg Troxel <gdt_at_fnord.ir.bbn.com>
Date: 20 Feb 2001 10:21:07 -0500
I've seen something that I think might be similar.  I have a directory
with a bunch of subdirectories.  Often the disconnected client says
'operation timed out' for this directory.  I suspect that while
connected it got a 'modified' callback, but didn't rehoard (because I
didn't have hoarding set up, or whatever).  It would be very cool if a
modified directory were still accessible; this is straying further
down the inconsistency/availability tradeoff, but since directory
resolution works so well, it seems like a good idea.  I haven't read
the code, or even done controlled experiments, so I could be confused.

        Greg Troxel <gdt_at_ir.bbn.com>