Coda File System

Re: cfs adaptive vs. cfs strong

From: Brad Clements <bkc_at_murkworks.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 15:28:14 -0500
On 28 Jan 2001, at 15:12, Jan Harkes wrote:

> cfs strong, avoid weakly connected operation by ignoring bandwidth
> 	    estimates in the place where we make the strong->weak
> 	    decision.
>
> cfs adaptive, allow the strong->weak decision to be made on the basis of
> 	    bandwidth changes

Thanks..

So in adaptive mode, its possible for the client to be in "weakly
connected mode".  And if in that mode, the client can be locked out
during volume reintegration?

If so, what tool shows that a volume is locked for reintegration?

Or shows that the client is only writing to one server, instead of all of
them?

Brad Clements,                bkc_at_murkworks.com   (315)268-1000
netmeeting: ils://ils.murkworks.com               AOL-IM: BKClements