Coda File System

Re: System mounting coda

From: Shafeeq Sinnamohideen <shafeeq_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2001 13:24:07 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 12 Jan 2001 rowe_at_excc.exeter.ac.uk wrote:

> Can I have the system automatically mount users' file systems without
> them having to run clog? If I can't, how can I use coda for people's
> home directories? How do I have a cluster, batch system, FTP server,
> Web server, Mail server, samba, netatalk, cron, at.. ?

All volumes under /coda will be mounted when venus is started. clog lets
users authenticate themselves for the purpose of access control. So if you
want to use coda before authenticating, you can set the ACLs to allow
this, depending on what your security requirements are.

http://www.coda.cs.cmu.edu/doc/html/manual/x237.html has more on ACLs.

Shafeeq