Coda File System

Re: cmon says succ NoBinding

From: Kenneth Ingham <ingham_at_Socrates.i-pi.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 13:14:58 -0700
All of the ports are in /etc/services correctly on the server.

Running cmon on the server trying to connect to itself, I get the
following:

tcpdump shows:
tcpdump: listening on lo0
13:03:49.296472 localhost.1210 > localhost.codasrv:  udp 292
13:03:49.296504 localhost > localhost: icmp: localhost udp port codasrv
unreachable

Why it would be unreachable is a mystery...  netstat -a shows (relevant
lines only):
udp4       0      0  *.rpc2portmap          *.*
udp4       0      0  *.codaauth2            *.*
udp4       0      0  Clarke.codasrv-se      *.*
udp4       0      0  Clarke.codasrv         *.*

Aha.  Running cmon from a machine other than the server works.  Is there
some restriction against accepting connections from localhost (i.e. in a
bind() call)?

Now on to see if I can get the rest running...

Kenneth