Coda File System

rvm data

From: Simon Josefsson <sj_at_extundo.com>
Date: 02 Nov 2000 12:59:54 +0100
Hi, I've gotten passed my first problems (thanks to does who
responded!) and gotten everything to work.

While small experiments worked fine, scaling this to larger data sizes
seem problemtic.  The size recomendation for the "rvm data partition"
is 3-5 % of the total file data space.  I also noted that this
partition was mmap()ed into memory.

So if I want to store 50GB in coda servers, my servers need to mmap()
2.5GB.  That won't be fun.  Does the 3-5 % figure really scale
linearly with data storage size?

Is there a solution to this problem, or is coda not suitable for
larger data sizes?

I noticed the vice-setup script only had templates for 500M-8GB, which
isn't a lot compared to these days hard drives.

Thanks.