Coda File System

Re: venus: can't find root volume name

From: Stephen J. Turnbull <turnbull_at_sk.tsukuba.ac.jp>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 00:18:53 +0900 (JST)

    Jan> Were you using /usr/coda/etc/vstab, or /etc/coda/venus.conf to specify
    Jan> the initial set of servers to connect to?

    Jan> vstab got deprecated earlier on in 5.3.something, and I
    Jan> removed the code that read it in 5.3.9, so that is a very
    Jan> likely candidate when the -h <hostname> still works.

I definitely had not yet removed vstab when the trouble started, and
was running 5.3.8 on some hosts and 5.3.10 on others (and maybe
5.3.9+CVS on the server host).  Hard to say, since I screwed up my
paths (that was me, yes).

OK, so that's probably _my_ problem.  I'll get rid of all vstabs,
check the venus.confs for accuracy, and see how that goes.