Coda File System

Re: CODA + NAT question

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2000 09:48:24 -0400
On Fri, Oct 27, 2000 at 09:37:46AM +0200, Piotr K. Isajew wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible for coda to work in the following environment:
> - server has a public IP address
> - client is located in another network and uses private IP address and
>   NAT to access internet.
>
> Piotr

No, the server needs to be able to set up a callback connection to the
client for the data transfers. This is because rpc2 and sftp are both
using their own sockets to communicate and the sftp connections are set
up in reverse compared to the rpc2 connections.

I've been working on fixing this so that I can read my email from home ;)