Coda File System

local inconsistent object

From: Brett Lymn <blymn_at_baesystems.com.au>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 15:27:05 +0930 (CST)
Folks,
        My laptop crashed and it seems to have damaged my coda volume,
venus would not start.  I did a bit of investigation and found that
venus was looping on a zero length file in /usr/coda/spool (looks like
a bug)  I was able to get venus past that by putting a byte in the
file but now it complains with this error message:

Local inconsistent object at /coda/working, please check!

I have run repair on the volume to try and get rid of the
inconsistency (I know exactly what the file is and just want to kill
it from the update log) but partway through I get this:

repair > checklocal
local mutation: create /coda/working/local/testframe/Makefile
no conflict
repair > preservelocal
create semantic re-validation failed (60)

Note that the directory /coda/working/local/testframe is a directory I
created while disconnected, the entry to preserve that change worked
fine.  I am using the 5.3.5 coda client on a NetBSD 1.5 machine.

Naturally, I am keen to get my changes back if I can ;-)