Coda File System

Re: debian packaging

From: Stephen J. Turnbull <turnbull_at_sk.tsukuba.ac.jp>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2000 09:50:41 +0900 (JST)

    Jan> After 5.3.8, all places that handle ip-addresses in the
    Jan> client have been changed from long integers in host byte
    Jan> order to struct in_addr in network byte order. Here you are
    Jan> probably using a new cfs binary (/usr/local/bin/cfs) against
    Jan> the old venus (/usr/sbin/venus).

Bingo, except it was the other way around.  The install scripts name
venus with a full path so got the new one (built with debian/rules
which uses --prefix=/usr), but cfs I called from the command line, so
it picked up the old one which was built with a bare `./configure'.

Sorry, that was dumb (well, actually, it's the kind of thinko that
package management systems help to prevent---progress)!

Anyway, now that PMSes are a regular part of Coda, I just do a search
and destroy on the old files, confident that I can back up to any
version of Coda for which I have .debs with a minimum of fuss.