Coda File System

PPC version of Coda

From: Thomas Finneid <t.finneid_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2000 23:14:12 +0100
In the announcements for new versions of Coda it is mentioned that coda
succesfully compiles on PPC. I have a couple of questions about that.

1. Do you have any compiled RPMS for Coda in linux running on a ppc
machine.
I have tried looking for it but cant find it.

2. Do you have any experience with coda on ppc/linux? I tried it with
version 3.5.8 a couple a weeks ago, and it didnt work well at all, mind
you it was the first time I compiled Coda. When I tried it with the Coda
testserver it allways crashed after a short while ( its reproducable, I
seem to remember ), and when I tried connecting it with my local server,
running on an i586 RH 6.2, it allways failed. I havent tried the newest
version of Coda yet, but I will during the weekend.

(Setup: Client Apple PowerBook G3 with LinuxPPC 1999 Q3 64MB RAM.
Server: i686 with RH 6.2 256MB RAM)

Any information would be much appreciated, since I am pretty sick of
having to synchronise my data "manually" all the time between the laptop
and the desktop computer.

--

Thomas Finneid

University of Southampton,
Department of Electronics and Computer Science