Coda File System

Re: Server replication problems

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 12:06:41 -0400
On Wed, Aug 16, 2000 at 09:54:31AM +0200, Piotr K. Isajew wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to set up a second server for my coda cell, but there are problems
> starting up auth2 and codasrv.
>
> Here are log entries for those demons:
> AuthLog:
> Starting  Auth Server......
> base PDB record does not exist. start over.

It looks like the update client/server are not working properly. Check
if the updateclnt on the second server is running and that /vice/db/scm
is the correct name of the first (SCM) server.

If that seems to be ok, could you try to create the following link on
the scm and restart the updateclnt on the second server?

$ ln -s . /vice/db/db

The /vice/db directory on the second server should get populated with
files like VLDB, VRDB, prot_index.db, and prot_users.db.