Coda File System

Re: Coda Win95 client - MFC42.DLL required

From: Shafeeq Sinnamohideen <shafeeq_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 12:17:22 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 16 Jul 2000, Dmitry Pryanishnikov wrote:

> But after this point all references to drive F: caused application errors.
> Tried to use clog - same result: it reads password, then even sends UDP
> packet to the codaauth2 port of our server, server responds, but clog
> abnormally terminates ("error in application...").

This is fixed in 5.3.7, though there was no windows package built for it.
We should have a 5.3.8 windows package released by the end of the week,
hopefully. You could always try compiling 5.3.7 from source, but that is
somewhat painful.

>  So, is Win95 OSR2 still supported by any Coda client? If not, what is
> supported Win9x version?

I haven't  personally verified that it works on Win95 OSR2. It does work
on Win95 version 1 and Win 98, though it bluescreens far more frequently
on Win 98. On either platform, though, it is much less stable than on the
unixes. The major known bugs are that MS Office can't open files in Coda
and msdos applications can't read directories in Coda.

Shafeeq