Coda File System

disk quota

From: Denis A. Tonkonog <denis_at_blackcat.net2-ff.dsu.dp.ua>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 17:07:54 +0300 (EEST)

	Hello.

 As we have just discovered, Coda disk quotas (set with 'cfs sq dir
blocks') work in inappropriate way. That is, if quota set to 20 (20 is
in kBytes, right? And this is volume-wide quota, correct?), and
volume contains less than 20 kBytes of data, I can create HUGE file
(some MBytes), and only after that Coda won't allow to create more
files on volume. That is, quota seemed to be checked during file
creation but NOT during file extension. It seems to be an incorrect
behavior for us. Is there any plans to change it?