Coda File System

RE: RH62 client access problem

From: Stephen J. Turnbull <turnbull_at_sk.tsukuba.ac.jp>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 08:23:29 +0900 (JST)

    DApel> Network-wise, the two machines can ping each other at .4ms,
    DApel> they are on the same hub, in the same DNS domain, and I can
    DApel> perform forward and reverse nslookups on both machines from
    DApel> both machines.

Besides the basic firewall (coda uses at least two ports, you have to
pass them all) or masquerading issue, I had a similar problem with a
multihomed server: the main connection went back the way it came (over
a VPN I'm experimenting with), the side effects connection went to a
different address (the machine's registered address), and couldn't
come back because public network connection was masqueraded (ie, NAT).
The basic issue was asymmetric routing, NAT is an easy way to get that
but there are others.