Coda File System

Re: Integrating coda with PAM or kerberos

From: Simon Wilkinson <sxw_at_dcs.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 21:36:07 +0100 (BST)
> Is there a PAM module that will authenticate users against coda auth
> server?

You _really_ don't want to do this. See previous traffic on this list,
and some of the documents on the (current) state of Coda security.

> Or is there kerberos/NIS(ack) support for coda?

There is, yes. We're currently running with it. It allows users who have
Kerberos principals for the realm to gain coda tokens. Users still have to
run a command to do so however.

I think it would be possible to write a PAM module which will allow an
already authenticated user to pick up Coda tokens on login. Writing something
like this is on my list of things to do - unless anyone else wants to beat
me to it (and, yes, I know you could just put 'clog' in a shell start up,
but that's hardly the point ...)

Cheers,

Simon.