Coda File System

Re: Production environment?

From: Laszlo Vecsey <master_at_internexus.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 00:52:08 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 17 Apr 2000, Chris Snyder wrote:

> Is anyone currently using Coda in a production environment?  I am planning a
> web server cluster, and do not want to spend 1000's of dollars on a shared
> RAID system if I don't have to.

I would recommend trying coda for the web environment as you describe, but
then perhaps putting a squid proxy, even multiple ones, in the network so
the requests get cached and go there first. Also, use samba to export the
filesystems to the windows clients until the coda client for windows is
running better -- any comments on this? The windows coda client just seems
kind of sluggish to me.