Coda File System

Re: Disconnected operation

From: Dr A V Le Blanc <LeBlanc_at_mcc.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 08:37:04 +0100
I set up a hoard file, as I described earlier:

     a /coda 100:d+

and ran hoard on it, then 'hoard walk', but I had problems.

On Wed, Apr 12, 2000 at 12:09:32AM -0400, Jan Harkes wrote:
> Does "hoard list" show your specified hoard profile?
>     hoard clear ; hoard -f <hoardfile>
> should get the profile into the client.
>
> Did the walk finish without giving errors?

The output of 'hoard list' is:

     <7f000000, .>, 0, 100:d+

which, I take it, does not include any of the other volumes?
I didn't see an error at the time, but I've noticed since an
occasional

        *** Not bound ***  /coda/service/unique/director/etc d+

after 'hoard walk'.

> You need the hostname/ip-address of at least one of the servers that
> were specified when running venus-setup in /etc/hosts. A problem is that
> you lose tokens when shutting down venus. The only way around this is to
> do:
>
>     clog -tofile /home/xxx/tokenfile
>
> while connected, and
>
>     clog -fromfile /home/xxx/tokenfile
>
> after starting up disconnected.

The problem I have is that on my (kerberised) system 'kclog'
or 'kclog <username>' work, but 'kclog -tofile <filename>'
with or without the username or the explicit '-kerberos5' flag
or both always produces:

     kclog -tofile tokens
     username: zlsiial

     Date: Wed 04/12/2000

     08:33:27 In Krb5Init()
     Segmentation fault

I take it there will also be problems because of the time limit
on Kerberos tickets; I can't renew them in disconnected mode, can
I?  Do I need to setup the laptop as a Coda server to enable
disconnected operation when I've compiled with kerberos 5?

Thanks again for your patience.

     -- Owen
     LeBlanc_at_mcc.ac.uk