Coda File System

Re: How do I get Coda Server to start automatically at boot?

From: LEE, Yui-wah (Clement) <clement_at_pc89117.cse.cuhk.edu.hk>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 14:18:20 +0800 (CST)
On Sun, 12 Mar 2000, Mike Kistler wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have just installed Coda 5.3.5 on a RH 6.0 Linux box.
> I can see clearly in the doc how to get the server started
> from the command line.  However, what I really want (I
> think) is to have the Coda server processes started
> automatically when the machine boots.  This does not
> currently happen (I installed using make install, not from
> the RPMs ... maybe that's why).  Anyway, I have the
> necessary startup scripts in /etc/rc.d/init.d, but they
> don't appear to run when the system boots.  What am
> I missing?

Do you have the script /etc/rc.d/init.d/{auth2,codasrv,update}.init in
your machine ? (If no, get them from coda-src/scripts.  And I assume
you have the file /vice/srv.conf, which defines the rvm parameters, in
place already).

Then you should have symlinks in /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/ (and possibly
/etc/rc.d/rc5.d/), for example,

  S71auth2 -> ../init.d/auth2.init
  S72update -> ../init.d/update.init
  S73codasrv -> ../init.d/codasrv.init

that tell the SysV Init to start the services at the right time.
(Read, for example, RH manual 11.11.2 "System V Init" for more
discussion about the SysV Init process).

Hope this help.

-- Clement