Coda File System

RE: newbie

From: <fsg.student4_at_bt.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 14:03:55 -0000
> hi all,
> i am using redhat 6.1 kernel(2.2.12). i wanted to install
> coda and try this out.
>
> will i have to modify/compile the kernel? will i need any
> other packages?

I also installed Coda on Redhat 6.1, and I used
linux-coda-5_2_3-linux2_2_9.tgz for building the kernel
module. By the way, the Makefile in that package didn't
work at all, it said something like:
"Your module utilities are version 2.2.121, you
 need at least version ." (no version number given!)
I updated to the newest module utilites I could find
on the web (2.2.2), and I still got the same message.
Then I did the missing commands in the Makefile by hand,
and so I could build coda.o.

> where can i get installation/configuration details for
> coda(server/client)?

For me, the Coda-Howto worked fine.

Frank