Coda File System

vice-setup-srvdir fails

From: Nicolas Maillot <nmaillot_at_etu.utc.fr>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 12:17:00 +0100 (MET)
Hi ,

First of all, i'd like to say that coda seems to have very nice features..
I can't wait trying them.

But I've got a problem during vice-setup ... I get a strange message during the
server directory configuration....

(everything goes all right before this.
I've created  /vicepa before running the script
maybe my fstab can help

/dev/hda1               /                       ext2    defaults        1 1
/dev/hda8               /home                   ext2    defaults        1 2
/dev/cdrom              /mnt/cdrom              iso9660 noauto,owner,ro 0 0
/dev/hda6               /tmp                    ext2    defaults        1 2
/dev/hda5               /usr                    ext2    defaults        1 2
/dev/hda7               /var                    ext2    defaults        1 2
/dev/hda9               /vicepa                 ext2    defaults        1 2
/dev/hda10              swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/fd0                /mnt/floppy             ext2    noauto,owner    0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
)

I run a Redhat 6.1 on my server (i've installed the 5.3.5-1 RPMs)

>>> Here is what's happening...

Your server directories will hold the files (not directories).
You can currently only have one directory per disk partition.

Where shall we store your data [/vicepa]? /vicepa
Shall I set up a vicetab entry for approx 256000 files for /vicepa (y/n) y
Now initializing the partition. This takes a while....

Date: Thu 02/24/2000

11:31:07 VGetPartition Couldn't find partition /vicepa
Error getting partition named /vicepa. Check vicetab.
done.
Server directory is set up!

Congratulations: your configuration is ready...and now
to get going do the following:
 - start the auth2 server as: auth2
 - start rpc2portmap as: rpc2portmap
 - start updateclnt as:  updateclnt -h xenon.flashpoint.com -q coda_udpsrv
 - start updatesrv as: updatesrv -p /vice/db
 - start the fileserver: startserver &
 - wait until the server is up: tail -f /vice/srv/SrvLog
 - create your root volume: createvol_rep coda:root E0000100 /vicepa
 - setup a client: venus-setup xenon.flashpoint.com 20000
 - start venus: venus
 - enjoy Coda.

     xenon   /vicepa   ftree   width=64,depth=3

The scripts tells that my configuration is ready, but when i try to create the
root volume
i get the same kind of errors in  /vice/srv/SrvLog :

VGetPartition Couldn't find partition /vicepa/
11:55:58 VCreateVolume: Cannot find partition /vicepa/. Bailing out.
11:55:58 Unable to create the volume; aborted
11:55:58 create: volume creation failed for volume 1000001
11:55:58 status = (103)

and the createvol_rep script sends :

Servers are (xenon )
HexGroupId is 7F000000
creating volume coda:root.0 on xenon
V_BindToServer: binding to host xenon.flashpoint.com
VolCreate failed with Unknown RPC2 return code 103
Failure to make volume on xenon!. Abort..

Could someone help me...

Thanks in advance.

Nicolas Maillot
UTC-COMPIEGNE