Coda File System

Re: stability?

From: Laszlo Vecsey <master_at_internexus.net>
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2000 11:58:55 -0500 (EST)
Well I'm on the verge of testing a diskless coda system with 256mb ram. I
figure I can set aside a 20mb or 30mb ram drive for coda to use as local
cache -- for the time being I'll probably mount things as NFS though, i.e.
system programs and for mass storage purposes. But for hosting a
nameserver, radius, email daemon and so forth I think coda is ideal.

Yet its so simple to slip in a hard drive, so why not do it? :) Theres
something to be said for a system that has one less device to fail, and
specifically for a dedicated machine designed for handling a realtime
network process -- i.e. applications that don't require caching or
chugging of the hard drive.

I'd also like to see what the possibilities are for having coda machines
that can bootp off of each other, with the kernel images stored on coda
partitions. !!