Coda File System

Re: clog on win9x

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2000 18:01:26 -0500
On Tue, Feb 01, 2000 at 05:07:21PM -0500, Laszlo Vecsey wrote:
> Here is a specific problem I'm having on a win98 machine with all the
> latest windowsupdates. After some time the coda partition does get mounted
> and I can view it graphically from the windows shell, read only, but
> accessing it from a command prompt doesn't list any files. Maybe thats
> normal for the current port but I also run into a problem running clog:
>

> C:\usr\coda\bin>clog
> username: master
> [17:05:16]Main
> Process: "/coda/project/releases/sources/coda-5.3.4/coda-src/rpc2
> /rpc2b.c", line 126:    RPC2_Init(): Couldn't create socket
> Cannot initialize RPC2 (error -2013). ! Exiting.

Interesting,

-2013 = RPC2_BADSERVER, which indicates that the server you were talking
to either doesn't export the correct interface or the server port was
not found in /etc/services... Hmm, win98 doesn't even have /etc/services
but uses C:\windows\services. Check whether that file has the correct
entries.

I'm actually seeing crashes in clog when it is waiting for the rpc2
reply (in IOMGR_select). That is on win95, perhaps that does work on
win98 once clog can figure out the port of the auth2 server.