Coda File System

Re: vice-setup

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2000 17:43:11 -0500
On Wed, Jan 19, 2000 at 03:39:56PM -0800, Tom Tarka wrote:
> is there a way to specify multiple storage areas for the root volume
> in vice-setup.
>
> i.e.
>
> i have /vicepa and /vicepb on different partitions and when
> vice setup asks where I want my root volume, I'd like it to
> span both.

You cannot span volumes across partitions.

> Should I just do this later, and if so, how?  I thought about

Edit /vice/db/vicetab, and add a line for /vicepb:

server        /vicepa         ftree  depth=3,width=64
server        /vicepb         ftree  depth=3,width=64

Then run 'makeftree /vice/db/vicetab /vicepb' to set up the new
partition.

> doing a createvol_rep  coda.root E0000100 avalon /vicepb
> (where I had already created a coda.root on /vicepa) but
> that didn't seem right.

After adding to vicetab and running makeftree (and restarting the
server), the above command should work.