Coda File System

udp realtime multiuser file editing

From: Laszlo Vecsey <master_at_internexus.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 17:09:41 -0500 (EST)
This is kind of off-topic, but I can't think where else it might have been
brought up, or where I could have heard about it.

I'm looking for a project that is working to create a shared editting
environment, for editting lets say a text file in realtime, that would
update the changes with udp (or even tcp) -- but the whole point of it is
to reduce the round trip delay that you would normally encounter in
telnet, because the editting is done locally, and only the changes are
sent back.

Something like this might be able to sit on top of the coda file system
(or any filesystem), and allow for a more realtime editting of source code
files for example, with two or more programmers working on different parts
of the file, editting various functions as they please.

Does this sound familiar? Or are there too many problems to solve, have I
lost my mind? :)

- lv