Coda File System

getting tokens when disconnected

From: Major A <andras_at_physcip.uni-stuttgart.de>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 13:11:56 +0100 (MET)
Hello,

just a quick question on the way of working of Coda. I understand that
there is a possibility to get tokens while disonnected. What does that
mean? How can a client tell whether or not I typed in the right password?
Does it transfer the authentication database from the server periodically
in order to be able to check? Or maybe the password is not checked for but
a pseudo-token generated and only checked on reconnection?

Thanks,

   Andras

Major Andras
    e-mail: 1. andras_at_sticks.phy.bris.ac.uk
            2. andras_at_physcip.uni-stuttgart.de
    www:    http://www.physcip.uni-stuttgart.de/andras