Coda File System

Re: Coda release 5.3.2 available

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 13:40:16 -0400
On Thu, Oct 14, 1999 at 01:59:15AM -0700, Scott Smith wrote:
> OK I fixed it, the documentation in the CODA-HOWTO is incorrect, it says
> to do:
>
> createvol_rep coda:root E0000100 /vicepa
>
> it's just supposed to be root not coda:root

Depends on the answer you entered when the vice-setup script asked for a
root volume name.

To me it looks like the howto is reasonably correct. It states twice
that the actual command to create the rootvolume is printed by the
vice-setup script, and that we _assume_ the name coda:root in the
example.

  Configuring your server

    Then run:
	vice-setup
    and answer its questions.  Note down the commands that vice-setup
    prints out for you at the end.

  Making your root volume

    During your configuration session, you commmunicated a name for the
    root volume to the program.  This root volume now needs to be
    created: the precise command to do this was printed out by the
    vice-setup program, below we assume your file space is in /vicepa,
    and your root volume is coda:root.

    createvol_rep coda:root E0000100 /vicepa