Coda File System

Re: A Simple Question ( Continue )

From: LEE, Yui-wah <clement_at_cse.cuhk.edu.hk>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 1999 10:40:21 +0800 (CST)
Liu, Wei wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Now I meet a strange thing. I can clog into Coda, but I can NOT take any =
> operations.
>
> The operations are following :
> 1) clog   =20
>     Result: OK!
> 2) ctokens
>     Result:
>     Token held by the Cache Manage:
>     Local uid: 503
>     Coda user id: 503
>     Expiration time: Sat Aug 28 12:13:08 1999
> 3) cfs la /coda
>     Result:
>     System:Administrators    rlidwka
>     System:AnyUser        rl

Have you added "503" to the group of System:Administrators ?
(If you are not sure what's in your Protection Database, go to your
SCM, run pdbtool, use the command "list" to list
everything in the whole pdb, use the command "h" for help).

> 4) ctokens
>     Result:
>     Token held by the Cache Manage:
>     Local uid: 503
>     Not Authenticated
> #this is very strange, I don't know why.

Probably this is a bug ?  Can you tell us again which
version and OS that you are using ?  Were step 1) and 4) done
with a long time gap in between (as Coda token expires
in approx. 25 hours).

> 5) cfs whereis /coda
>     Result:
>     langchao7.cs.tsinghua.edu.cn

This looks fine to me.

-- Clement Lee
Yui-wah LEE (Clement)                         |    Tel: (852)-26098412
Department of Computer Science & Engineering, | Mobile: (852)-98421024
The Chinese University of Hong Kong   | Real-time Msg.: 41792200 (ICQ)
WWW: www.cse.cuhk.edu.hk/~clement     | Email: clement_at_cse.cuhk.edu.hk