Coda File System

Re: Coda and fsck/salvage

From: Dietmar Goldbeck <dietmar.goldbeck_at_acm.org>
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 1999 23:38:26 +0200
On Tue, Aug 03, 1999 at 10:37:54AM -0500, Troy Benjegerdes wrote:

> On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, Peter J. Braam wrote:
>
> > Hi Dietmar,
> >
> > I'll give this some thought - something in the recovery scheme is not
> > totally OK if this is happening.
> >
> >  Peter
> >

> Was this perchance running on a big-endian (ppc, specfically) machine?
>
> There's an endianess bug in the 5.2.4 release that causes the
> 12:24:36 f_icreate: bitmap free at 4126, inode 4127 exists!
>
> error after awhile. Jan Harkes came up with a fix for it.

Sorry, i forgot to give exact version information:
This was coda 5.2.7 on a i686 debian potato system with glibc 2.1.

After my evaluation, i really find coda full of good ideas and it has
astonishing features, e.g. resolution. OTOH i have lost far to many
volumes during my testing :-(.

Today i finally managed to create a replicated volume. I was really happy
and was soon after disappointed:
While doing large "tar zxvf" venus stopped responding.

--
 Alles Gute / best wishes
     Dietmar Goldbeck                E-Mail: dietmar.goldbeck_at_acm.org