Coda File System

coda uses its own threads implementation???

From: Lou Langholtz <ldl_at_chpc.utah.edu>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 1999 01:19:05 -0600
Sorry about this question, I imagine I've just missed some obvious
pre-processor or makefile directive for this....

It seems like Coda uses its own threads implemention as seen in
lib-src/mlwp/*. These files seem to be referenced as OLDLWP and there's
nothing more than a macro define that I can find for a
NEWLWP (libnewlwp.a in the lib-src/mlwp/Makefile.in). Can the LWP API be
re-written to use existing threads libraries like posix threads instead?
Wouldn't that make the code easier to port?

Thoughts? Comments? RTFM suggestions with the right page to read? Ideas?
Thanks!