Coda File System

Re: No space left on device, even when there is

From: Bill Gribble <grib_at_cs.utexas.edu>
Date: 24 Jul 1999 10:48:33 -0500
Len Burns <lburns_at_sasquatch.com> writes:
> All goes along happily for a while, and then I see:
> cp: ./local/lib/irc/help/DIE: No space left on device

How big are these files compared to your client-side cache?  Coda
operations fail with ENOSPC if the file on the server is too big to
fit in its entirety into the venus cache.

If you are operating disconnected, this may be made worse; as you
change files, they *all* have to be stored in the cache until they can
be reintegrated.  Is that right?

Thanks,
Bill Gribble