Coda File System

Re: "Newbie" question

From: Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 11:46:10 -0400
On Sat, Jul 17, 1999 at 10:05:07PM -0400, Pete Gonzalez wrote:
> CODA security tokens expire after a day -- how does one keep
> tokens held by daemons from expiring?
>
> Pete Gonzalez

You don't really. On our webserver there is a cronjob that obtains a new
token every day.

Another solution might be the `tokentool' that got included into the
5.2.7 (source) release, which allows an administrator who knows the
auth2 key to generate a user token with a longer validity. I used it
when I went on vacation for 2 weeks to make sure my email wouldn't start
bouncing all over the place. It can be found it in the coda-src/auth2
directory.