Coda File System

Re: Adding new users with pdbtool

From: Greg Troxel <gdt_at_fnord.ir.bbn.com>
Date: 16 Jul 1999 07:21:27 -0400
Just yesterday, I started losing with pdbtool 5.2.7, when adding users
on a new server.  By bashing the source
to make the PDB_db_update_maxids deal with bad maxids in the database,
I was able to get things to mostly work, but not quite.

I am guessing that the problems are due to incomplete conversion to
the ntohl/htonl conversion just made to make the pdb
endian-independent.

It would be nice if there were an 'pdbtool export' command that
printed out the contents in plain ascii so that it could be edited if
necessary and then fed into 'pdbtool import'.  I would want this to be
a simple representation of records, so that it could be useful to fix
corruption issues by people who understood the format.  There's some
small chance I'll get around to this, but I thought I would throw out
the suggestion.

        Greg Troxel <gdt_at_ir.bbn.com>