Coda File System

frequent venus crashes.

From: Ben Woodard <ben_at_valinux.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 09:53:09 -0700
I am having pretty frequent venus crashes. They all seem to be signal
8 floating point exceptions. My setup is very simple. I have one
machine that is both the coda server and the venus client and I am
running coda-debug-client-5.2.3-1. I only have two things in the coda
volume. MP3's and my mh-mail.

The mh mail is fairly busy but it still doesn't get more than a few
hundred operations per day. They are all small files but lots of
them. The mp3's don't change much but they do get read quite
frequently. The thing is that most of the time the venus caches seem
to happen when I change the set of mp3's that I am listening to. So I
suspect the problem might be in the code that deals with changing the
things that are currently cached.

I don't know how to best help you by providing bug reports. Please let
me know what you are expecting and I will provide it to you. Here is a
backtrace for some reason the symbols didn't decode.

#0  0x400961bb in ?? ()
#1  0x80ac9d0 in ?? ()
#2  0x80ac5c8 in ?? ()
#3  <signal handler called>
#4  0x40128720 in ?? ()
#5  0x806845c in ?? ()
#6  0x81629f4 in ?? ()
#7  0x815b37b in ?? ()
#8  0x816350e in ?? ()
#9  0x8158ed3 in ?? ()
#10 0x8158301 in ?? ()
#11 0x81510e2 in ?? ()
#12 0x8069a4b in ?? ()
#13 0x805cf46 in ?? ()
#14 0x80eccba in ?? ()
#15 0x80f1b4c in ?? ()
#16 0x80e4920 in ?? ()
#17 0x81149f1 in ?? ()

I know that you can use fuser to figure out which things are keeping
/coda busy so that you can unmount it but I can never seem to get it
to work. It always reports nothing. Could someone provide an example
of how you unmount coda to restart it. I seem to be missing something
simple here.

-ben