Coda File System

Re: venus on same machine as server

From: LEE, Yui-wah <clement_at_cse.cuhk.edu.hk>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 12:08:35 +0800 (CST)
I don't know the answer, but observed that the user "li" has two
different local uids on the two machines (501 on dock and 500 on breeze).
Would that be the problem?

I know that Coda used to require the local uid to be the same
as the Coda uid.  I believe this has been changed.  But is it true
that the uids of the same user on different clients still have
to be same?  Can someone update us on this?

-- Clement

Jim Li <li_at_net.kent.edu> wrote:

> Hi CodaList
>
> I have a venus running on the same machine setup as the SCM machine.
> But I can not authenticate thru this venus.  The following is a comamnd
> dump, somewhere along the way I made a mistake, can someone help me out?
>
> [li_at_dock /]$ clog li
> username: li
> Password:
> Local login only, could not contact venus
> [li_at_dock /]$ ctokens
>
> Token held by the Cache Manager:
>
> Local uid: 501
>
> GetLocalTokens error (2)
> [li_at_dock /]$
>

> But I can login from another client (called breeze):
> [li_at_breeze li]$ clog li
> username: li
> Password:
> [li_at_breeze li]$ ctokens
>
> Token held by the Cache Manager:
>
> Local uid: 500
> Coda user id: 101
> Expiration time: Wed May 19 10:44:04 1999
>

> Thanks in advance.
>
> --Jim

Yui-wah LEE (Clement)                              Tel: (852)-26098412
Department of Computer Science and Engineering,    Fax: (852)-26035024
The Chinese University of Hong Kong     Email: clement_at_cse.cuhk.edu.hk