Coda File System

Re: group permission

From: Simone Celli Marchi <celli_at_students.cs.unibo.it>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 19:05:17 +0200
On Thu, Apr 29, 1999 at 11:34:41AM -0400, Peter J. Braam wrote:

> So you want a sticky bit on the directory.  Not a bad idea - this is

Exactly.

[...]

> So the picture would be roughly as follows: when you want to delete a
> file or remove a directory, we require rights on two objects: the parent
> and the child (you are changing the link count of the child).

I don't understand this concept. Who is the parent and who is child ?

> So I think this is an excellent little hacking project, to adapt
> fsobj::Access to do exactly what you want.  I think it's not too much
> work to do this.  If you do it send us the patch, then we'll put it in.

I have just installed three coda servers and twenty or so clients, so I
don't know yet well coda and I have never seen the code. So if there is some
people that would help me in this work I'll be very happy to collaborate.

--
Undergraduate student of Computer Science
PGP public key : finger celli_at_cs.unibo.it