Coda File System

FailReconnect: couldn't remove {send,recv} filter

From: Alan Jaffray <jaffray_at_now.cirl.uoregon.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 06:03:52 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

I'm trying to get Coda running on my Red Hat 5.2 box.  I'm using the
kernel module from the Linux 2.2 kernel, and the coda-debug-client 5.2.0
RPM, though I had identical experiences with both client code and kernel
module built from 5.2.0 source using Linux 2.0.

I can successfully connect to testserver.coda.cs.cmu.edu, and log in, and
access files.  However, "cfs checkpointml" fails with

VIOC_CHECKPOINTML: Invalid argument

More significantly, if I do "cfs disconnect" and "cfs reconnect", it
doesn't reconnect.  After disconnecting, venus.log says

[ W(16) : 0000 : 05:58:55 ] ADMON STATS:  DMQ Advice NOT valid. (uid = 0)

once for each time I attempt to access a file in /coda.  When I try to
reconnect, I get

[ W(16) : 0000 : 06:00:04 ] FailReconnect: couldn't remove send filter, id = 0
[ W(16) : 0000 : 06:00:04 ] FailReconnect: couldn't remove recv filter, id = 0

and I am still disconnected, still get "connection timed out", etc.  The
"DMQ Advice NOT valid" messages continue as well.

Suggestions?  I couldn't find anything in the FAQ or Troubleshooting
sections of manuals about this.

Thanks,

Alan

--
Alan Jaffray <jaffray_at_pobox.com>

Computers let you make more mistakes faster than any other invention in human
history, with the possible exception of handguns and tequila.  - M. Radcliffe