Coda File System

Authenticating errors

From: Alessandro Bruciamonti <abruciamonti_at_bci.it>
Date: Thu, 04 Feb 1999 17:56:41 +0100
Hello all!

Thank to some kind people who helped me, I'm now running a
Coda server, and solved almost all process authentication
problems.

Unfortunately, I get an error when I type a wrong password
after running clog.

An example: I set up a user called alex (it's me!) and when
I issue a wrong password for one or two times, I keep
getting this errors (issued by auth2 I think).

[alex_at_core2 alex]$ clog alex
username: alex
Password: WRONG PASSWORD
Invalid login (RPC2_NOTAUTHENTICATED (F)).

[alex_at_core2 alex]$ clog alex
username: alex
Password: WRONG PASSWORD

Invalid login (RPC2_NOTAUTHENTICATED (F)).
[alex_at_core2 alex]$ clog alex
username: alex
Password: CORRECT PASSWORD

[17:48:54]SocketListener:
"/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/coda-5.0.1/coda-src/rpc2/sl.c", line
436:    DecodePacket(RPC2_BUSY): bad bind seqno
[17:48:55]SocketListener:
"/usr/src/redhat/BUILD/coda-5.0.1/coda-src/rpc2/sl.c", line
436:    DecodePacket(RPC2_BUSY): bad bind seqno

I' using Coda client Linux kernel 2.2.0 and server 5.0.1
(the latest version, I think).

The only way to get rid of the problem is restarting the
auth2 process on the server (that is the SCM, in my
configuration).

Thank you again for your help, and greetings from Italy!

	Alex
--
Alessandro "Alex" Bruciamonti
alessandro_at_sys-net.it