Coda File System

Re: large servers: please help

From: Jason Duerstock <jason_at_sdi.cluephone.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 16:20:18 -0500 (EST)
Perhaps some sort of watermark could be set for what is acceptable to
cache as a whole file and what is not?

In other completely different news, I tried compiling coda on my Alpha and
I got laughed at by my compiler...

The first minor choke was in lib-src/lwp.c at line 552:

	if ((int) stackptr == -1)

stackptr is originally typed as (char *)...in Alpha-land, pointers are 8
bytes and sizeof(void *) == sizeof(long), not sizeof(int)...

What kind of evil voodoo is this and what's the proper way to fix it?

Jason