Coda File System

Coda and Kerberos: quick poll

From: Robert Watson <robert_at_cyrus.watson.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 09:16:22 -0500 (EST)
Hi folks,

I'd like to get an idea of who is using KerberosIV and KerberosV support
in Coda.  I'm about to get around to repairing bugs, adding usability
features, etc.  I'll be reviewing existing submissions to the bugs_at_coda
address, but would love to hear any more general comments or suggestions
you might have that do not strictly constitute 'bugs'.  This includes the
mapping issue (how to map Kerberos identities to Coda identities),
authorization issues, not to mention ease of use issues (such as: we
always use this command line flag, why isn't it the default, or that the
automatic invocation of kinit is a pain, etc).  Kerberos support is
important to us in that it allows easy integration with existing
distributed systems and a single-login.  Because of existing setups here
at CMU, we have tested K4 support more extensively than K5; as such K5
comments would be particularly welcome :).  Feel free to either respond
privately or to the list.

If you didn't know there was K4 or K5 support, you can download it (if you
live in the US :-( ) at http://andrew2.andrew.cmu.edu/dist/

  Robert N Watson

PGP key fingerprint: 03 01 DD 8E 15 67 48 73  25 6D 10 FC EC 68 C1 1C

Carnegie Mellon University            http://www.cmu.edu/
TIS Labs at Network Associates, Inc.  http://www.tis.com/
SafePort Network Services             http://www.safeport.com/