Coda File System

Re: coda on linuxppc

From: Troy Benjegerdes <hozer_at_drgw.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 17:37:06 -0600 (CST)
On 17 Dec 1998, Sam Quigley wrote:

> I'm planning on setting up a coda server to serve files for our
> linuxppc lab.  has anyone got any experience running coda on the ppc
> architecture?  are there going to be problems (is this a bad idea)?

Do you want to use glibc-1.99, or the (still beta) glibc-2.1?

Coda needs a lot of patching to work in glibc-1.99. Also, versions of egcs
older than 1.1.1 need the -fno-exceptions flag, since exceptions are
broken.

Glibc-2.1 requires quite a bit less work, and I understand egcs version
are available that fix exceptions.

I can provide you with patches or help in getting glibc-2.1 set up.

| Troy Benjegerdes    |       troy_at_microux.com     |    hozer_at_drgw.net   |
|    Unix is user friendly... You just have to be friendly to it first.  |
| This message composed with 100% free software.    http://www.gnu.org   |