Coda File System

question regarding SCM

From: Yuxin Ruan <yruan2_at_vertex.ucls.uchicago.edu>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 19:18:38 -0600 (CST)
Hi,
  I am in the process of planning for a high-availibility file server, and coda seems worth a try. Here are some quiestions:
1) I understand that there can be only one SCM per cell. What happens when SCM crash? The document says that the cell can function for a brief period of time without SCM. How long is this "brief-period-of-time"?(25hr of the token lift-span?) What happens
if SCM goes down beyond this period?
2) Is there plan for a quick method of reconstructing SCM in case of total failure?
3) By browsing the list, it seems that CODA volumn can be exported via SAMBA, what about netatalk? We have a significent number of Mac users.
4) We have lots of multimedia files been shuffled around. These are rountinely over 10MB in size. Would this affect the computation for cache size? BTW, the clients will access the files only through SAMBA/NETATALK/CVS, so the only coda clients will be
the two linux servers;) One running samba/netatalk, the other cvs. And they act as backup for each other.

Thanks for any reply.
  Yuxin