Coda File System

conflict repair

From: Michael Stone <mstone_at_cs.loyola.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 20:27:42 -0500
I created a directory /coda/project/temp, then I tried to create a conflict by
doing a 'cfs wd' on two client machines. On each machine I created one common
and one unique file. I reconnected one machine, then the other. On the second
machine I now have this (as I should, right?):

> ls -l /coda/project/temp
lr--r--r--   1 root     nogroup        27 Nov 10 20:24 /coda/project/temp ->
@7f000000.0000004d.0000388b

When I run repair I get this:

repair > begin /coda/project/temp
 ENABLEREPAIR: /coda/project/temp/: Not a directory

Now I'm confused. If I run 'cfs br' I get the global and local directories,
but I can't find any docs on what to do from there (everything points to the
repair tool).

Mike Stone