Coda File System

RPC2 bind error

From: Leila Rahbar <rahbar_at_iitappc1.iitap.iastate.edu>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 15:53:00 -0600
Hello,

I am trying to run a coda server on redhat linux 5.1 (kernel 2.1.123), and I installed the rpm's for version 4.6.6-1 and ran vice-setup according to the instructions given in the manual.

But after running the command to create the volume:
   createvol_rep coda:root E0000100 /vicepa/

I got this error:

  Servers are (iitappc1 )
  HexGroupId is 7F000001
  creating volume coda:root.0 on iitappc1
  V_BindToServer: binding to host iitappc1
  RPC2_NewBinding to server iitappc1 failed with RPC2_NOBINDING (F)
  Failure to make volume on iitappc1!. Abort..

and /vice/srv/portmaplog contains:
  InitRPC: RPC2_Init() failed with (-2005) RPC2_DUPLICATESERVER (F)

and
  /vice/srv/SrvLog does not exist

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what went wrong?

Thanks.

Leila Rahbar
lrahbar_at_iastate.edu