Coda File System

Re: v4.7.1 kernel 2.1.125, 4.7.2 client

From: <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Sun, 18 Oct 1998 21:41:03 -0400
> From the logs I looked at, I checked into the GetAdmConn and GetConn
> functions, and they both return 110, which equals the VBUSY define.
>
> I think this is because the connection isn't even established in the first
> place..

Well, it could also be the case of `mistaken identity'. I've restarted the
server, so any server-side state which might block your connections should
be gone now. When the server thinks it is already processing a request for
your host it gives a BUSY response.

It could be that the real replies are never reaching your machine. Somehow
BUSY and NAK replies are sent to the address of the interface that sent the
request, while replies are sent to the IP-address of the host(name). This
could explain why you do see BUSY's, but no connection setup.

Jan Harkes <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>