Coda File System

more on protections

From: David Steere <dcs_at_cse.ogi.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 11:03:02 -0700
Sorry to keep beating the same dead horse...

So I convinced myself to never touch the auth2 databases again. So adding
users is a snap: au nu.

Now comes the question of groups.
   - How do I add a new group?
   - How do I add a member to a group?
   -  Is there more than syntax to the naming convention of System:blah?
   - Why are the group IDs negative?
   -  How much of this is going to change when we get kerberos?
   - Would it be easier if we added commands to cfs to add new members and
groups, rather than
     having a separate tool? I'd be willing to write it but I can't
guarantee it'd happen fast. (If I did it,
     I'd have cfs connect to the auth2 server directly ala au, not going
through venus as it does for the other commands).

david.