Coda File System

Re: alpha port

From: Love <lha_at_stacken.kth.se>
Date: 15 Sep 1998 11:03:16 +0200
dichro-f9568757_at_eris.rcpt.to (Mikolaj J. Habryn) writes:

>   Hi - has any work been done on porting coda to linux/alpha? I am
> given to understand that the main obstacle is the thread library - is
> this the case? How complex a beastie is the thread library? I had a
> quick look through the 4.7.1 source, but failed to find a clear
> definition of what the public interface to it is - is it the entirety
> of the prototypes in lwp.h?

It should be quite easy to get it running, it (lwp) has been used in Arla
(http://www.stacken.kth.se/projects/arla/) for Linux/alpha, NetBSD/Alpha
and osf/alpha. You should be able to just snatch the diffs. We got linux
support in arla-0.7.

Beware diffrences in iomgr.

Some posted some success with linux/alpha with coda. Don't know what happend.

Love, Arla hacker