Coda File System

Re: Coda sources?

From: <jaharkes_at_cs.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 1998 10:47:55 -0400
Sergio wrote:

> Will try, but I thought that the configure creates all the Makefiles.
> Thank you Clement.
>
> Clement wrote:
> >
> >Kernel mode are compiled under .../kernel-src/vfs/{linux,linux21,bsd44}.
> >My understanding is (Peter and Jan may correct me) that
> >I need to chdir to the right directory and run "make coda" there (after
> >a "make coda" in top coda build directory).
> >
> >Hope this help !

Hi Sergio and Clement,

The best place to find current kernel source for linux is a separate
package linux-coda-4.7.0.tgz, and of course in the official linux 2.1.x
development tree.

The linux-coda-4.7.0 is slightly more up-to-date. For the linux 2.1
module you definitively need a recent kernel (2.1.119? and up). Otherwise
it simply won't work correctly.

Building should be easy, unpack the tarball, `make config' (answer a few
questions), `make coda.o', `make install', and voila.

G'luck,
	Jan Harkes